As board-certified dermatopathologists with a combined experience of over 1,000,000 reviewed cases, we understand the clinical impact of a microscopic diagnosis. Accredited by the College of American Pathologists, our carefully designed system is focused on serving the needs of our clients and their patients. In addition, we provide a host of consult services, all geared at improving our clients’ experience. From our streamlined requisition process to our easy-to-read final report, from our outstanding immunofluorescence services to our clinical commitment, Compass aims to deliver the highest level of service.
- Direct phone and e-mail access to our dermatopathologists
- Strong academic background in clinical dermatology and valuable collaborative relationships
- Easy-to-read customized reports
- Quality-focused full-service laboratory:
- Beautiful H&E stains
- In-house direct immunofluorescence; never search for the “right bottle” again
- An ongoing commitment to dermatology:
- Teaching dermatology and pathology residents daily
- Holding offices in local, regional, and national dermatological societies
- Attending community grand rounds
- Running courses at American Academy of Dermatology meetings
- Lecturing at national and international meetings
Our clinical experience allows us to anticipate your needs and understand your requests. Please give us the opportunity to demonstrate the services of Compass Dermatopathology. We hope to create a lasting professional relationship built on quality. Thank you in advance.
Antoanella Calame, MD is a board certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist and the founder of Compass Dermatopathology. She trained under Dr. Clay Cockerell at UT Southwestern. Dr. Calame is dedicated to the highest level of customer service and quality diagnostic care for her referring dermatologists. She is available to her clients by cell phone and is very active in the dermatological and dermatopathological communities. She teaches residents during daily sign out and gives numerous weekly lectures.
Christopher Erickson, MD is a board certified anatomic and clinical pathologist and a board certified dermatopathologist who also trained under Dr. Clay Cockerell at UT Southwestern. Dr. Erickson served as the Medical Director and staff dermatopathologist at Dermpath Diagnostics for 8 years before joining Compass Dermatopathology. Together Drs. Calame and Erickson have reviewed over 1,000,000 cases and share the same values of quality, customer service, attention to detail, and strong medical ethics.